Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I am having Cricut withdraws....

I've been so busy with work related things, but working on so many crafty projects at the same time, that none of them seem to be getting done. By the end of the weekend, I should have one or two more new projects posted (even a new detailed LO). Stay tuned! :)

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

It's a Party!!

My honey's little boy is turning 3 in a few weeks, and asked if I could make the invitations for his Cars-themed party. I said of course!!! I never pass up the chance to create something with my cricut, and I just happen to have the Cars cart! Anyways, I made 18 of these invitations to be sent out for the party. I considered using McQueen for it, but I thought I'd save the more detailed work for the come after the party... and made something simple and quick. Well, semi-quick lol.

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Modern Framed Art...Cricut Style!

I wanted something colorful for my master bedroom, but couldn't find anything I really liked. Hence, my bedrooms walls have been bare since I moved into my brand new house a year and a half ago. So the next alternative?! I made my own art using my cricut! The color scheme in my room is beige/light brown and green. So to break up the earth tones, I wanted bold, bright colors for the walls to cheer up the place a bit. Here's what I came up with...

When mom saw it, she decided she needed a pair for her bedroom as well, but wanted a different color scheme (and I wound up liking her tone of green better, so I went back and re-did my green). I had her choose the paper, and cutting we went... (FYI - mom FINALLY loves the cricut LOL)

The best part about this project, is that it was cheap and didn't take a lot of time. I found the frames at Michael's - for $10.00 each after a 50% off coupon (*sigh*, I love coupons). The background, chocolate/brown paper is the big paper from the drawing/sketching areas at Michael's or Hobby Lobby - they run $.79-$2.99 (mine was only $1.99 for the color I chose). I already had the paper for the leaves, and once I had them cut, it took all of 15-20 minutes to put everything together. The overall cost of the project: $11.00 (each) !!!!!! Oh the possibilities to come.....