Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Picnic Basket

I think I'm officially addicted to 3-D projects, especially goodie bags. As soon as Melin @ Cooking with Cricut told us this week's theme was "picnic", I remembered this adorable project I had seen that just stuck with me. How cute is this for a summer treat?! You can fit quite a few Hershey Kisses in there :). It actually was not as hard to put together as I thought, and oh, the possibilities - colors, patterns, embossing, etc. - though I chose to keep it simple my first time around. The only cricut here was the patterned "picnic-looking" paper inside the basket...



Now to give credit where credit is due - because this brilliant idea was not mine. I found directions for this cute little basket at Creations by Patti. While you're there, be sure to check out her Watermelon Basket as well!!! So darn cute!!

10 comments:

  1. That is an adorable basket!!! Oh my goodness! I've never made anything 3D other than flowers with my Cricut, but it will definately be coming soon.

    And thank you so much for the link to the sour cream containers!!! They are adorable and SO CUTE! The best ice pops ever came in containers like that when I was in school, so it brought back some memories. And I don't own paper crimpers because I never knew what to do with them, but now I have another wish list item to add to my never ending supply of craft materials!

    Again, thanks so much!

    Composetherabbithole.blogspot.com

    -Constance

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is completely adorable! Thanks so much for posting the link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Thanks for the links too. I think I saw this once a while ago, but forgot about it. I am so glad you remembered ;) I like the simplicity of your picnic basket; your papers are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE IT!!! TFS
    and posting the link too.
    I LOVE CONTAINERS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute thanks for sharing.


    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is JUST adorable!!! I think it would be a great gift box for a mini tea set for a little girl!

    Rebecca "Crafting Misfit"
    Visit my blog! I have a weekly Show and Tell where you can link up! I also have a big give away coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable, you do a fantastic job with the 3D creations!! Good work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this little basket, Roberta! Too cute -- and you're right, the possibilities are endless. Thanks for sharing the link to Patti's blog.

    ~ Jen, CWC Design Team
    www.gator-4-life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful 3D project. I made my first 3D project with Cricut when I made the cake box today.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute and the printed Imagine paper is perfect!

    ReplyDelete